Thank you for your interest in joining the Survivor Services team. Our team is responsible for providing support to those who have been found and need help getting back on their feet. We are looking for individuals who are compassionate, non-judgmental, and committed to helping others. The team consists of two roles: Victim Advocates and Community Outreach Volunteers.
Victim Advocacy Manager
- Provides crisis counseling, safety planning, referrals and resources to victims and their families.
- Provides information and updates on cases to victims’ families.
- Monitors the caseload of victim advocates.
- Ensures all services provided are empowerment-based and victim-focused.
- Co-facilitates a weekly case staffing with the Director of Victim Advocacy.
- Responsible for onboarding and training all victim advocates.
- Assists victim advocates on cases as needed.
- Assists with policy development
As a Victim Advocate, your primary role is to provide referrals and resources to individuals who have been recovered. You will work with these individuals to assess their needs and provide them with support, resources, and advocates that can help them get back on their feet. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing emotional support and guidance to those who have been recovered and their families
- Helping individuals connect with resources such as counseling services, housing assistance, job training, and other support services
- Advocating on behalf of those who have been recovered and helping them navigate the criminal justice system, if needed
- Assisting with case management and tracking progress over time
Community Outreach Volunteers:
As a Community Outreach Volunteer, your primary role is to work with victim advocacy organizations and build relationships with other organizations that provide support to individuals who have been recovered. You will be responsible for:
- Identifying organizations in your community that provide support services to individuals who have been recovered
- Building relationships with these organizations and maintaining ongoing communication
- Providing information to these organizations about our services and how to refer individuals to us
- Assisting with outreach efforts to increase awareness of our organization and services
Submit Your Application
If you are interested in joining the Survivor Services team, please begin your application by pressing the button below. We look forward to hearing from you!.